What you'll need:
- ½ gallon plastic milk or juice jug with handle and lid
- Small finishing nail or screw
How to make it:
- Thoroughly wash out a plastic milk or juice jug.
- Have your child go through a supply of stickers to choose what they would like to use to decorate their water jug.
- A grown up should use the tip of a finishing nail or screw and a hammer to gently poke holes in the lid of the jug.
- Have your child decorate the jug with their choice of stickers. Other options to decorate include gluing on yarn or painting the jug. Keep in mind that the decorations may not last, but the functionality of the watering can will!
- Fill jug with water and put lid back on.
- Show child how to hold the jug with the handle and tip it to rain on the flowers!
- If the decorations wear off, don't fret--just redecorate the jug with new accessories.
- Add some plant food (according to box directions) to the water jug if children are old enough to understand not to drink it.
- Keep water jug on a low shelf near the garden so your helper can reach it easily.